1) Asia's tallest Gopuram.
2) The only place which received maximum number of Alwar's mangala saasanam (Pasurams) ( By 10 Alwar and Andal)
3) Birth place of Shree Periya nambhigal (Ramanujacharya's guru), Battar vadakku thiru veedhi pillai and Pillai Lokaachaariyar.
4) Moksha Sthalam of Kulashekar Alwar , Thondaradippodi Alwar, Andal, Thiruppaanai Alwar, Thuluka/Bibi Nachiyar, and Ramanujacharya.
5) The whole 7 Prahaarams (Walls) are built by Thirumangai alwar alone and this pleased Lord Ranganath so much that he gave darshan to him.
6) This was the place where Thondaradippodi alwar built his famous Garden in service for Shree Ranganath..