Attracting about 600,000 pilgrims every year, mainly during major festivals like Janmashtami, Holi and Radhashtami, Vrindavan is noted for its numerous temples, both old and new, big and small, totaling up to 5000.
However there are seven main temples which are not only the most famous but also the oldest.These were established by the Six Goswamis (six prominent disciples of Lord Chaitanya, 16th century incarnation of Lord Krishna who appeared in West Bengal) and their contemporaries.
They are as follow:
1) Sri Sri Radha Madana Mohana Temple
2) Sri Sri Radha Damodara Temple
3) Sri Sri Radha Syamasundara Temple
4) Sri Sri Radha Ramana Temple
5) Sri Sri Radha Govinda Temple
6) Sri Sri Radha Gokulananda Temple
7) Sri Sri Radha Gopinatha Temple